The Invia Group is a pan-European market leaderin online travel sales and brings together leading travel portals in Europe under one roof. From package holidays to tailored tours, from business trips to family breaks, our offers for tourists serve a wide range of target groups. Among others, it operates the portals ab-in-den-urlaub.de, Hotelreservierung.de and Reisen.de. The virtual tour operator Tourini organises package tours, which are offered via its own website and exclusively on the Group’s portals.
Do you want to work for one of the most successful German e-commerce companies and develop the future of online travel industry? Become a part of our team which unites more than 80 engaged developers. As Backend Developer (m/f) you will be responsible for the technical optimization of our internet presence. You will work in this role on innovative projects such as improving of our online booking system, develop new interactive functionalities and apply the latest findings of the software development. Through the implementation of new innovative features and usage of new modern technologies (Cloud, Micro-Services, Grunt) you will have a chance to develop and improve your skills.
- Development, design and Implementation of data models and sustainable codes for complex and for well-known web portals
- Follow best practices, test automation and CI / CD
- Use of caching strategies (e.g. Memcache, CDN)
- Improve and scale our backend services
- You help us to move from a monolithic application to a microservice-oriented architecture
- You are working close together with our Frontend developer and share your ideas and suggestions with our entire team
- Academic degree or equivalent relevant experience in computer science
- Strong interest in design patterns and software architecture
- You love technical challenges
- Analytical and conceptual way of thinking
- Good communication skills
- (Very) good knowledge in PHP, Python or Golang with the ability to easily switch between those languages
- Experience in use of Frameworks like Django, Symfony or Zend Expressive
- Experience with cloud-services such as AWS and containerization
- Desire to continuously improve your skills
- Very good command of English, German would be great but its definitely not a must
Your trip to us
Do not hesitate and apply directly via our career webpage with all your significant application documents, availability and your salary expectations. Applications of disabled persons or equivalent persons are welcomes.
If available, please send us a link to your:
- GitHub, Bitbucket or GitLab profile
- Stackoverflow profile (if registered)
- open source projects which you contributed to (if available)
In case you have any questions, please contact Alexander Schubert +49 341 650 50 23862.
Invia SSC Germany GmbH